Wednesday 9 November 2011

Challenge 8: Quote


What is your favorite quotation and why? (Princeton)

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.” – Marianne Williamson

Basketball has become a really important part of my life. Standing 6 ft. 4 inches tall, my height would just be a waste if I do not make use of it by playing this sport. I found my inspiration for basketball in my freshman year. I was physically awkward: tall, scrawny, and uncoordinated. I had no former experience, and frankly I was hopeless. The only potential I thought I had was my height. Later, I realized that I had more than just my height.

My senior, Kakivi Chishi, who was then captain of the basketball team, helped me find my inner strength. He trained me, and taught me everything he knew. He was determined and hard working, and through this demonstration, I acquired the same qualities. I found out how my lack of coordination, could easily be overcome. I was never inadequate for anything. I just did not know the power I had inside. With all the help from Kakivi, my friends, and my brother, I have continuously been growing instead of shrinking. I work hard and go on everyday for the things that are important to me. I try to develop my qualities and become a better person. I look for the good qualities in others and try to learn from them. I am still learning how to get rid of my bad ones.

I try my best to influence other people, like how Kakivi influenced me. "And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." (Marianne Williamson)

No comments:

Post a Comment